Sunday 14 February 2021

Valentine special: When two writers found their love

Writers in the picture: 

💕 Albert van der Steeg and Sarah Anne Burns 💕











Albert van der Steeg and Sarah Anne Burns are currently writing on a lovely 
continuing story: Arjan and Sophie, which I really enjoy reading. You can read
it on this link

To my modest opinion they are a wonderful writing couple and one of the few
who actually work together. 

As people (or perhaps the shops) around the world are celebrating 
Saint Valentine, it looked a great idea to put this amazing writing couple in
the picture. 









A special love story



How did you meet each other?

We were both on a website called MySpace (it actually still has the same name).
In those times, MySpace was what Facebook nowadays is. I started a group with 
the name Planet Al. It was meant for people with the names: albert, Alfreds etc. 

One day, a jazz/blues singer Albert Cooper took part of the group. He was a nice
guy but he had lots of pretention. For example he talked about Karl Marks.

Sarah had lots of fun with that guy and he became very angry. Finally I (Albert)
had to calm down them, but the contact between me and Sarah was there. 

After lots of messages on MySpace, I gave her my e-mail Address. E-mails
followed and finally we made a phone call to each other. 

We met each other live at the end of October 2007 and in December we
decided to marry. In January 2008 our wedding took place.

However I was divorced from my first wife in September 2007 and
everyone was against my second marriage. They found me crazy. 
(Most people didn't know how long a divorce arrangement lasts). 

Now it is 2021 and we are still very happy with each other!



How well do you know Sarah?

How well does Sarah know Albert?


Is there a difference of age between you two?

There is a difference of 6 years between us.


Which are your favourite stories?

We both love true stories. We don't like fantasy or science fiction very much.
If you read the story of Arjan and Sophie, you'll see that everything what's
happening could be possible. We both don't like fake things.


What are your favourite drinks and meals?

Sarah's favourite drink is Hopback Summer Lightning, mine is Westmalle 
Dubbel. (Ha! As a Belgian, I say: Great Choice Albert!) 

We both like Curry.







About their writing life


When did you start writing?

I (Albert) already wrote at the years of 11 and 12. I wrote at school. All the
kids had to work a week, before their job was finished. I did it every 
Saturday morning.

Sarah already wrote stories for the school paper, Essays on the university and
she wrote for the Norfolk Nips, this is a magazine for brewers and beer lovers
in Norfolk (which is a county in the UK.)


Are there similarities between Arjan and Sophie and you both?


Only the nationality of both main characters and some own experiences
are the same as us. But they are very different than we.


Do you have a special writing routine or is it going with the flow?

At the beginning we wanted to write each one chapter, but that plan was
soon declined. It depends how we feel. Some days one of us writes more 
than the other. We don't know yet what will happen to the story.

You write lots of posts about music. Which is your favourite kind of music
during writing?


It depends on the mood. Sometimes there is only silence. I Just discovered a
Dutch band Solution again. It isn't existing anymore. 


Do you and Sarah have lots of writing dreams/goals?

Not really. We are already very happy with the amounts of readers we get
online. Publishing will only happen after winning the lottery, I fear.
We are both working on other projects as well!

Tell me, I'm very curious 😃

Sarah writes a novel and I'm working on my detective stories. If I get
inspiration I will write more very short stories. Sarah has some short
stories in her head that need to be written. And we both write reviews
as well. 


Do you have wishes for 2021 - both personal and for the world?

We both want our vaccines soon, so life can be 'normal' again. 
We also hope that all people on earth wouldn't believe nonsensical
things anymore and that everyone will respect the other. 



That's a wonderful wish! Thank you Albert & Sarah , for this small
interview. 
I wish you bot lots of luck and happiness. 


Source pictures: Albert van der Steeg & Sarah Anne Burns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment