Wednesday 25 August 2021

Author in the picture: Elizabeth Moore

Thank you very much for participating in your author in the picture blogpost of
MyCrazyLifeWithBooks blog.

I ‘met’ you via the We Love Memoirs Group on Facebook and I read and
reviewed two books of you: From Moulin Rouge to Gaudi’s City and the
second one From Gaudi’s City toGranada’s Red Palace.

I immediately felt a connection because you told with lots of passion about
your travels and you even gave me some new travel ideas.

That’s why I asked you to participate in an author in the picture blogpost.
So here we go with the questions.





1/ Can you tell me more about Elizabeth Moore?

I was born in country Queensland, Australia and moved to Brisbane
to attend high school and University. On graduating, I worked in a large hospital
in NSW, married and had two children. I was then employed for 20 years
at our local university before retiring in 2014. My travels started after cancer
treatment in 2011 and I began writing about my adventures in 2016 my
first book, From Moulin Rouge to Gaudi’s City, in my Someday Travels series,
was published in 2017; my second, From Gaudi’s City to Granada’s Red Palace in 2020.

2/ What is speech pathology exactly?

The term applies to the diagnosis and treatment of speech disorders in adults
and children. It’s probably better known as speech therapy but the name was
revised some years ago to better reflect the scope of the profession.





3/ I read in your books you were diagnosed with cancer.
I admired your strength and your will to live and to travel very much.
How do you feel today?

I’m fine now – aging but healthy. I am still very careful to attend my yearly
scans and medical assessments.






4/ What does the We Love Memoirs group on Facebook mean for you

We Love Memoirs is my happy place. When I first joined, I was delighted to
find many of the authors I had read and admired were already members and
the dynamic between readers and writers was wonderful. If I hadn’t been a
member, I doubt my travel memoirs would have been published.
I discovered Ant Press and with their professionalism and mentoring,
my first book was published.


5/ How did you find the name EJ Bauer?

Memoir authors are often advised to use a pseudonym when writing as it
offers a degree of anonymity for both the writer and people mentioned in
their books. I chose ‘EJ’, the initials of my first names, and ‘Bauer’ is a
family name from my mother’s side. It was also a name that didn’t
appear with any regularity when Googled. My real name, Elizabeth Moore,
is incredibly common and I wanted my author name to be more individual.






6/ Do you like other things than traveling and writing?

I read voraciously and since retiring, I have had time to rediscover the joys
of gardening. Our local birdlife also offers a never-ending passing parade of
antics. I also have 5 grandchildren and they are a joy. Life keeps me busy.


7/ Do you have new travel plans?

Travel plans for the world are on hold but it doesn’t stop me dreaming.
My daughter and her family relocated to Europe just two months before the
pandemic hit. My dream of having a base there and travelling to all sorts of
wonderful destinations has not been realised. When travel is safe, I have Greece,
Germany, Scotland and the USA on my ever expanding list.





8/ Which is your favourite country/place to visit?

That’s like asking about a favourite child. I love France and have visited there twice.
The fact that I sometimes fancifully check real estate listings in various departments
probably speaks to my enduring love of the country. It narrowly beats Italy and Spain
into equal second place. My love of all things French was inspired by my first language
teacher in early high school. I reveal this in some detail in the first chapter of
From Moulin Rouge to Gaudi’s City.





9/ Do you have new writing plans?

My third book on some travel exploits in Italy is well underway. I have book four
taking shape as well. This will cover more time in France and the UK. In both books,
there will be lots of sightseeing, some history, a few interesting encounters and of
course glasses of delicious bubbles.

10/ I always end with the same questions: What are your wishes
for yourself and the world?

It’s hard not to ignore the two large elephants in the room. Of course I want the
current pandemic to be reined in and controlled long term. I also want sensible
and effective worldwide cooperation on climate control. This planet is so precious.
For myself, I want family and friends to stay safe and healthy, but I really want a
transporter so I can see my three grandchildren and their parents who have been
overseas for over 18 months.




More about Elizabeth Moore 

Elizabeth Moore has a website under the name EJ Bauer on this link
You can find her on Facebook on this link

No comments:

Post a Comment