Friday 14 May 2021

Bookreview: A New Life in the Algarve, Portugal

An anthology of life stories curated by

Alyson Sheldrake 



Wonderful stories of People who moved to Portugal! 


Summary


What makes a person decide to move abroad to start a new life? And why do so many 
people choose the Algarve in Portugal as their dream location?

In this compilation of life stories, you can read about a whole range of different people
who have made the Algarve their home. 

Read about the families that moved to live in the Algarve in the early 1970's, before
tourism was even an idea. 

Funny moments, heartfelt journeys, and real-life modern adventures are all covered
in this fascinating anthology. 







My Review


I'm a huge fan of short (travel) stories about people's lives and intentions. That's why
I liked to read this amazing book. Besides that, Portugal is without any doubt one of
my favourite holiday countries. 

Do I need to say more? I really enjoyed reading. The stories were honest and interesting
as well! 

I would recommend this book to all who want to move to Portugal or people who just
like to read travel memoirs.

I give with lots of pleasure a 5 star rating for this splendid book! 


The author


Alyson Sheldrake is one of the amazing authors in the picture of this book blog.
You can check her author in the picture blog post on this link

A beta reader


I was very proud to be a beta reader for this book. However, I bought the "real" book
via Amazon.nl because I liked it so much (and because my name was in it 😇😅 ).



2 comments:

  1. I don't know much about Portugal, most of the 'moving to another country' books I read are France, Italy, Greece or Spain. I haven't read any about Portugal so I think this is another book for my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a wonderful collection of short stories. Portugal and Spain are my favourite holiday countries. So It's always very nice to read about them. Thank you so much for commenting Cath!

    ReplyDelete