Sunday 25 October 2020

Bookreview: Spain: A history

Spain: A History

Written by Malveena McKendrick


An excellent history book of Spain


Summary


Out of the division and strife of the Middle Ages, Spain emerged from behind the massive Pyrenees to straddle the stage of European politics like some new colossus. Discoverer of a New World, it became the greatest power on earth and created a Golden Age of culture quite breathtaking in the quality of its achievement. Within 150 years, Spain was in a state of decay and fast being left behind by more progressive European nations.

Here, from award-winning historian Malveena McKendrick, is the dramatic story of the rise and fall of the Spanish empire





Review

Every year, I like to travel to Spain. This country has lots of sunshine, food, drinks and history as well. Unfortunately in 2020, we will not travel to this wonderful country. So, I decided to read a book about the Spanish history. I was happy that I made this splendid decision. Reading books about beautiful destinations is almost as good as traveling in my mind.

The writing style is nice and clear. It also is written very chronological which I really like in history books. The facts and the most important events are told in a pleasant way. 

Even though I know already much about the history of Spain, I still learned many things from this book: "Spain: A History". 







The Author


Malveena McKendrick is an amazing author and historian as well. She also wrote a book about Ferdinand and Isabella of Spain. 

Conclusion


If you want to read more about the history of Spain, don't hesitate to buy this book or to read it on Kobo as I did. I give it a 5 star rating! 




1st. Picture: Book Cover 
2nd. Picture: taken in 2018 in the hinterland of the Costa Blanca in Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment